Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just a run in the parks

Awhile back I wrote about how the boys were doing in baseball. Well the summer season has just ended and so I wanted to give a quick update. I mentioned earlier that Matthew had wanted to support his high school team despite not being on the varsity team. We drove to Pendleton to cheer them on. This time he chose to support his brother in the state junior baseball playoffs instead of going to his playoff tournament in Astoria.

Brandon's team finished strong as expected. They won their division, placed top seed in their district playoffs and then went on to take the 4th place trophy in the state. Those are the numbers...the heart, sweat, emotions and amazing and improbable comebacks are the real stories that we will rememeber forever.

So I am proud of both my kids. Matthew for showing some signs of growing up and doing something selfless, for his brother no less. And for B for being such a gutsy little stud.

So the day after the playoffs I included in my run a visit to all the fields in town that they played at during the summer. A little tribute to the remaining time I'll have when they are still playing kids games in our small town.

No comments:

Post a Comment