Monday, September 7, 2009

A New Plan

California International Marathon


I'm not going to be ready for the Portland Marathon. There just isn't going to be time to be in shape to set a PR there. I might still run it, or do a half, but the idea of qualifying there is just not going to happen.

So here is the plan. A plan that was always the "B" option. I got to get my butt in gear, get serious and work hard for being ready for the marathon in Sacramento on December 6th. That's 12 weeks away so hopefully I can get focused and be ready.

There are a couple of things I like about running this race. First, as the profile above shows, the course is mostly level or downhill. That will certainly help! Second, it would be nice to run a new course and one that is an A to B. And last, I have a bunch of relatives in Sac that I could use for motivation and support.

So starting tomorrow I ramp up and getting moving. Hopefully moving towards PR or a BQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment