Saturday, March 27, 2010

Gateway Loop Trail


I think self-videos of someone running are silly but since I went to the trouble of taking my phone out on the trail and risked damaging it in this rugged country, I'm going to waste another blog entry here this week.

As it shows, running uphill even at this modest elevation of 2000 ft is an aerobically taxing experience. Cruising down the other side is a lot easier and much quieter.

Never did find out the name of the mountain this trail circumnavigates. The times I thought to ask a volunteer at the trailhead, they were either gone or already talking to someone.

Ran out on these tough trails three times during the trip and luckily didn't get hurt, although I had a few close calls when I nearly rolled an ankle but caught myself just in time.

I think it will be awhile before I post another running video. It's just not that interesting. But just the same, here is the last one from Scottsdale, Arizona:

No comments:

Post a Comment